Ohio tourism board touts Sandusky trial on Twitter
SANDUSKY, Ohio (AP) - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Ohio tourism board tweet meant to promote a Father's Day deal in the Lake Erie town of Sandusky instead directed followers to news about the sex abuse trial of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
The tweet was sent out this week by the Lake Erie Shores & Islands tourism office. It included the hash tag "Sandusky".
Hash tags are created by Twitter users to help others find tweets on specific topics.
Anyone who clicked on the "Sandusky" hash tag got the latest updates from the Pennsylvania trial, not the town known for its waterfront location and the Cedar Point amusement park.
Tourism office director Joan Van Offeren says they won't be using the Sandusky hash tag again until well after the trial ends.
ohio, tourism, jerry sandusky, national/world
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 12 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76 37 min ago
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
37 min ago