Ohio tourism board touts Sandusky trial on Twitter
SANDUSKY, Ohio (AP) - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Ohio tourism board tweet meant to promote a Father's Day deal in the Lake Erie town of Sandusky instead directed followers to news about the sex abuse trial of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
The tweet was sent out this week by the Lake Erie Shores & Islands tourism office. It included the hash tag "Sandusky".
Hash tags are created by Twitter users to help others find tweets on specific topics.
Anyone who clicked on the "Sandusky" hash tag got the latest updates from the Pennsylvania trial, not the town known for its waterfront location and the Cedar Point amusement park.
Tourism office director Joan Van Offeren says they won't be using the Sandusky hash tag again until well after the trial ends.
ohio, tourism, jerry sandusky, national/world
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 1 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape