Israeli airstrike kills 2 in Gaza
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Israeli military says it has carried out an airstrike against suspected Palestinian militants in the northern Gaza Strip.
Palestinian medical officials in Gaza say two men were killed in the airstrike as they were riding a motorcycle. They say the attack took place near the town of Beit Hanoun along the Israeli border.
The officials said the two men have not yet been identified. But the Israeli military says they were wanted militants.
The attack took place shortly after militants infiltrated Israel from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula nearby. It was not known whether the airstrike was a retaliation.
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
30 min ago