Israeli airstrike kills 2 in Gaza
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Israeli military says it has carried out an airstrike against suspected Palestinian militants in the northern Gaza Strip.
Palestinian medical officials in Gaza say two men were killed in the airstrike as they were riding a motorcycle. They say the attack took place near the town of Beit Hanoun along the Israeli border.
The officials said the two men have not yet been identified. But the Israeli military says they were wanted militants.
The attack took place shortly after militants infiltrated Israel from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula nearby. It was not known whether the airstrike was a retaliation.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run