Israeli airstrike kills 2 in Gaza
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Israeli military says it has carried out an airstrike against suspected Palestinian militants in the northern Gaza Strip.
Palestinian medical officials in Gaza say two men were killed in the airstrike as they were riding a motorcycle. They say the attack took place near the town of Beit Hanoun along the Israeli border.
The officials said the two men have not yet been identified. But the Israeli military says they were wanted militants.
The attack took place shortly after militants infiltrated Israel from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula nearby. It was not known whether the airstrike was a retaliation.
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 17 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 50 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 15 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 43 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 1 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 24 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
50 min ago