Israeli airstrike kills 2 in Gaza
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Israeli military says it has carried out an airstrike against suspected Palestinian militants in the northern Gaza Strip.
Palestinian medical officials in Gaza say two men were killed in the airstrike as they were riding a motorcycle. They say the attack took place near the town of Beit Hanoun along the Israeli border.
The officials said the two men have not yet been identified. But the Israeli military says they were wanted militants.
The attack took place shortly after militants infiltrated Israel from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula nearby. It was not known whether the airstrike was a retaliation.
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd 59 min ago
- Unsettled to spectacular 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs 57 min ago
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half 51 min ago
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
59 min ago
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses...
57 min ago