Air Force says 31 victims so far in sex scandal
WASHINGTON (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A senior Air Force commander says 31 female victims have been identified so far in a widening sex scandal that has rocked the service's training command at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas.
Gen. Edward Rice, commander of the Air Education and Training Command, tells Pentagon reporters that a dozen male instructors are under investigation, and that nine of them are from the same unit - the 331st Training Squadron.
Rice says the Air Force believes this is not a problem endemic to the nine training squadrons, and that it appears to be localized. He says the sexual misconduct occurred over the past two and one-half years, but the first woman came forward only a year ago.
The Air Force has launched an independent investigation across all training units.
texas, u.s. air force, national/world
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 50 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
50 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
56 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos