Air Force says 31 victims so far in sex scandal
WASHINGTON (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A senior Air Force commander says 31 female victims have been identified so far in a widening sex scandal that has rocked the service's training command at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas.
Gen. Edward Rice, commander of the Air Education and Training Command, tells Pentagon reporters that a dozen male instructors are under investigation, and that nine of them are from the same unit - the 331st Training Squadron.
Rice says the Air Force believes this is not a problem endemic to the nine training squadrons, and that it appears to be localized. He says the sexual misconduct occurred over the past two and one-half years, but the first woman came forward only a year ago.
The Air Force has launched an independent investigation across all training units.
texas, u.s. air force, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 55 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 27 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 11 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 27 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 1 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 51 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
51 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
22 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos