Soldier killed, 2 wounded in Fort Bragg shooting
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say one soldier was shot and killed and two others wounded at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
Fort Bragg Public Affairs Officer Col. Kevin Arata says a soldier from the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade shot another member of the unit and then shot and wounded himself Thursday afternoon. He says a third soldier was also wounded.
Arata said the shooter has been taken into custody and that that no motive has been determined.
Arata said next of kin are being notified, and that special agents from the Army Criminal Investigation Command are looking into the shooting.
Fort Bragg is home to the 82nd Airborne Division, the 18th Airborne Corps and Special Operations Forces.
shooting, u.s. army, north carolina, national/world
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 2 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 4 min ago
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures