Soldier killed, 2 wounded in Fort Bragg shooting
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say one soldier was shot and killed and two others wounded at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
Fort Bragg Public Affairs Officer Col. Kevin Arata says a soldier from the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade shot another member of the unit and then shot and wounded himself Thursday afternoon. He says a third soldier was also wounded.
Arata said the shooter has been taken into custody and that that no motive has been determined.
Arata said next of kin are being notified, and that special agents from the Army Criminal Investigation Command are looking into the shooting.
Fort Bragg is home to the 82nd Airborne Division, the 18th Airborne Corps and Special Operations Forces.
shooting, u.s. army, north carolina, national/world
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 5 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 1 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 41 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
41 min ago