Flight attendant loses cool aboard NYC plane
NEW YORK (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A flight attendant on a weather-delayed plane at LaGuardia Airport in New York City yelled at passengers and challenged them to leave the plane if they dared.
The incident involving American Eagle flight attendant Jose Serrano was caught on video. Flight 4607 to Raleigh-Durham, N.C., was delayed for five hours on Monday.
Port Authority police were called to the plane.
American Airlines apologized for the incident. It said in a statement it did "not believe that the passengers' frustrations were always met with the level of service that we expect from our people."
Serrano was removed from the plane. There were no arrests.
The incident recalled a similar episode involving a JetBlue attendant last year who swore at passengers and pulled the emergency chute on a flight after it landed at Kennedy Airport.
new york city, new york, air travel, american airlines, national/world
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 8 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 20 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 45 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 34 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
45 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos