APNewsBreak: US air marshals in NY face firings
NEW YORK (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Transportation Security Administration is firing eight federal air marshals, including a supervisor, for allegedly drinking alcohol on a training day and suspending six others for not reporting the misconduct.
The 14 marshals belong to the New York office and were notified Friday. All can appeal except a probationary employee who was terminated immediately.
The TSA tells The Associated Press the drinking occurred at a restaurant in February and was reported to a website that allows employees to alert leadership of inappropriate behavior.
None of the marshals was scheduled for flight duty the day of the drinking. But the TSA says consumption of alcohol is forbidden anytime they are on the job.
The TSA didn't know if any had yet retained attorneys.
new york, national/world
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 31 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 10 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos