Father suspected in Oregon murder-suicide deaths
DUNDEE, Ore. (AP) - July 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police believe an Oregon man whose wife filed for divorce in May killed her and their two children on the Fourth of July then committed suicide.
The four people were found dead Wednesday after a caller told police about an alarming post on a social network.
All four had been shot. An autopsy is planned Thursday.
Police say 37-year-old Randall Engels is suspected of killing 35-year-old Amy Engels and their school-age children.
Capt. Jeff Kosmicki said the family had lived for several years in the town of Dundee in one of Oregon's prime wine regions. He didn't identify the children.
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 39 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad