Woman, 82, chides boy for teasing goose, gets push
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly woman is hospitalized with what's being described as life-threatening injuries, and police are looking for a suspect after a bizarre incident involving the woman and a young boy teasing a goose at a San Francisco park.
A San Francisco police spokesman says the 82-year-old woman was walking along Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park around 11 a.m. Friday when she told the boy to stop harassing the goose.
Police say a man, believed to be the boy's father, pushed the woman, knocking her to the ground.
The woman, who has not been named, hit her head on the pavement.
Police say the woman didn't appear to be badly hurt, but she was later hospitalized.
Police are looking for the man but have not provided a full description.
san francisco, california, national/world
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 9 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
9 min ago