Woman, 82, chides boy for teasing goose, gets push
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly woman is hospitalized with what's being described as life-threatening injuries, and police are looking for a suspect after a bizarre incident involving the woman and a young boy teasing a goose at a San Francisco park.
A San Francisco police spokesman says the 82-year-old woman was walking along Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park around 11 a.m. Friday when she told the boy to stop harassing the goose.
Police say a man, believed to be the boy's father, pushed the woman, knocking her to the ground.
The woman, who has not been named, hit her head on the pavement.
Police say the woman didn't appear to be badly hurt, but she was later hospitalized.
Police are looking for the man but have not provided a full description.
san francisco, california, national/world
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run