Md. police: Boy, 12, being charged with murder
PALMER PARK, Md. (AP) - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in a Washington, D.C., suburb say a 12-year-old boy is being charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of a 2-year-old foster child living with his family.
The boy is being charged as a juvenile and his name is not being released. Spokeswoman Julie Parker of the Prince George's County, Md., police says the boy's father called 911 Tuesday night to report the girl was unresponsive. The man performed CPR on the child, but she was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Parker says an autopsy confirmed the child, identified as Aniyah Batchelor, died of blunt force trauma. The 12-year-old, who lives in Fort Washington, was charged Wednesday and made his first appearance in court Thursday. He is being held at the Cheltenham Youth Facility.
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos