Md. police: Boy, 12, being charged with murder
PALMER PARK, Md. (AP) - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in a Washington, D.C., suburb say a 12-year-old boy is being charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of a 2-year-old foster child living with his family.
The boy is being charged as a juvenile and his name is not being released. Spokeswoman Julie Parker of the Prince George's County, Md., police says the boy's father called 911 Tuesday night to report the girl was unresponsive. The man performed CPR on the child, but she was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Parker says an autopsy confirmed the child, identified as Aniyah Batchelor, died of blunt force trauma. The 12-year-old, who lives in Fort Washington, was charged Wednesday and made his first appearance in court Thursday. He is being held at the Cheltenham Youth Facility.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 38 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ