Md. police: Boy, 12, being charged with murder
PALMER PARK, Md. (AP) - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in a Washington, D.C., suburb say a 12-year-old boy is being charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of a 2-year-old foster child living with his family.
The boy is being charged as a juvenile and his name is not being released. Spokeswoman Julie Parker of the Prince George's County, Md., police says the boy's father called 911 Tuesday night to report the girl was unresponsive. The man performed CPR on the child, but she was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Parker says an autopsy confirmed the child, identified as Aniyah Batchelor, died of blunt force trauma. The 12-year-old, who lives in Fort Washington, was charged Wednesday and made his first appearance in court Thursday. He is being held at the Cheltenham Youth Facility.
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 30 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!