Spirit jet diverts to Houston with unruly traveler
HOUSTON (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spirit Airlines says one of its aircraft flying from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was diverted to Houston due to a disruptive passenger.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson says the unruly passenger on Flight 310 Saturday night refused to abide by instructions from the flight crew so the pilot diverted the aircraft for the safety of all on board.
Pinson says authorities at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport removed the disruptive passenger from the plane. She provided no details about the customer or the nature of the disruption.
The remaining passengers boarded another plane and arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday. Pinson says those passengers will all be refunded.
los angeles, houston, florida, air travel, airline security, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man