Spirit jet diverts to Houston with unruly traveler
HOUSTON (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spirit Airlines says one of its aircraft flying from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was diverted to Houston due to a disruptive passenger.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson says the unruly passenger on Flight 310 Saturday night refused to abide by instructions from the flight crew so the pilot diverted the aircraft for the safety of all on board.
Pinson says authorities at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport removed the disruptive passenger from the plane. She provided no details about the customer or the nature of the disruption.
The remaining passengers boarded another plane and arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday. Pinson says those passengers will all be refunded.
los angeles, houston, florida, air travel, airline security, national/world
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish