Spirit jet diverts to Houston with unruly traveler
HOUSTON (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spirit Airlines says one of its aircraft flying from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was diverted to Houston due to a disruptive passenger.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson says the unruly passenger on Flight 310 Saturday night refused to abide by instructions from the flight crew so the pilot diverted the aircraft for the safety of all on board.
Pinson says authorities at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport removed the disruptive passenger from the plane. She provided no details about the customer or the nature of the disruption.
The remaining passengers boarded another plane and arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday. Pinson says those passengers will all be refunded.
los angeles, houston, florida, air travel, airline security, national/world
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 32 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 14 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
9 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
32 min ago