Indiana father admits strapping kids to car hood
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - July 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northern Indiana man has pleaded guilty to several charges after driving three blocks with four children strapped to his car's hood while he was intoxicated.
Twenty-nine-year-old Aaron Stefanski of Fort Wayne accepted a plea agreement with prosecutors Monday. Stefanski was arrested in May after someone called 911 saying he saw Stefanski use a tow strap to secure the children to the car's hood and drive away.
The Journal Gazette reports that Stefanski pleaded guilty to child neglect and drunken driving charges and faces six months to three years in prison on each of the four felony counts when he's sentenced Aug. 3.
Police say Stefanski told officers he thought the children ages 4 to 7 would enjoy the ride and that he was only driving around the corner.
Information from: The Journal Gazette, http://www.journalgazette.net
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 4 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust 20 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 45 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
4 min ago