Indiana father admits strapping kids to car hood
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - July 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northern Indiana man has pleaded guilty to several charges after driving three blocks with four children strapped to his car's hood while he was intoxicated.
Twenty-nine-year-old Aaron Stefanski of Fort Wayne accepted a plea agreement with prosecutors Monday. Stefanski was arrested in May after someone called 911 saying he saw Stefanski use a tow strap to secure the children to the car's hood and drive away.
The Journal Gazette reports that Stefanski pleaded guilty to child neglect and drunken driving charges and faces six months to three years in prison on each of the four felony counts when he's sentenced Aug. 3.
Police say Stefanski told officers he thought the children ages 4 to 7 would enjoy the ride and that he was only driving around the corner.
Information from: The Journal Gazette, http://www.journalgazette.net
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 38 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 21 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 8 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
52 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
38 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
21 min ago