Yoga teacher fired for glaring at Facebook worker
MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A California yoga instructor has been fired for her disapproving stink-eye glare at a Facebook employee using a cellphone in class.
Alice Van Ness, who was hired to teach hour-long yoga sessions at Facebook's Menlo Park campus, says she tells students before class to turn off their cellphones.
But a female employee pulled out her cellphone in the middle of a Monday session and began texting.
The San Jose Mercury News says Van Ness didn't say anything, but she gave the student what she calls a look of disapproval.
The student later complained and Van Ness was fired by Plus One Health Management.
The termination letter says Van Ness "made a spectacle" of the student.
Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, http://www.mercurynews.com
facebook, california, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1