Ohio woman vanished on NC vacation; reward offered
ASHLAND, Ohio (AP) - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Businesses in the hometown of an Ohio woman who disappeared during a North Carolina vacation are offering more than $7,000 in rewards for information about the whereabouts of the woman or her boyfriend.
Authorities say 33-year-old Lynn Jackenheimer, of Ashland, went to the Outer Banks last week with her boyfriend, Nate Summerfield, and her two children but didn't return with them. Summerfield's brother called police to say Summerfield told him he strangled the woman.
Police said Summerfield returned his girlfriend's children to Ohio and left them with his family.
Jackenheimer has been missing since July 4. Police are looking for Summerfield, who's being described as a person of interest.
The Ashland Times-Gazette reports Jackenheimer's employer and other businesses have pledged rewards in an effort to get information.
Information from: Ashland Times-Gazette,http://www.times-gazette.com
ohio, missing person, national/world
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 35 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 47 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
47 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos