Turbulence injures several on Miami-bound flight
MIAMI - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two flight attendants and several passengers were treated for minor injuries caused by severe turbulence during an American Airlines flight from Aruba to Miami.
The Miami Herald reports the Boeing 757 experienced about 15 seconds worth of turbulence Tuesday afternoon.
There were 185 passengers on board.
Officials say the flight was about 30 minutes from Miami when it hit the rough air.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews were waiting at Miami International Airport when the plane landed.
The passengers were treated at the gate and the flight attendants were taken to a hospital.
air travel, florida, american airlines, national/world
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 21 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 41 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom