Turbulence injures several on Miami-bound flight
MIAMI - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two flight attendants and several passengers were treated for minor injuries caused by severe turbulence during an American Airlines flight from Aruba to Miami.
The Miami Herald reports the Boeing 757 experienced about 15 seconds worth of turbulence Tuesday afternoon.
There were 185 passengers on board.
Officials say the flight was about 30 minutes from Miami when it hit the rough air.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews were waiting at Miami International Airport when the plane landed.
The passengers were treated at the gate and the flight attendants were taken to a hospital.
air travel, florida, american airlines, national/world
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed