Turbulence injures several on Miami-bound flight
MIAMI - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two flight attendants and several passengers were treated for minor injuries caused by severe turbulence during an American Airlines flight from Aruba to Miami.
The Miami Herald reports the Boeing 757 experienced about 15 seconds worth of turbulence Tuesday afternoon.
There were 185 passengers on board.
Officials say the flight was about 30 minutes from Miami when it hit the rough air.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews were waiting at Miami International Airport when the plane landed.
The passengers were treated at the gate and the flight attendants were taken to a hospital.
air travel, florida, american airlines, national/world
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
17 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos