Turbulence injures several on Miami-bound flight
MIAMI - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two flight attendants and several passengers were treated for minor injuries caused by severe turbulence during an American Airlines flight from Aruba to Miami.
The Miami Herald reports the Boeing 757 experienced about 15 seconds worth of turbulence Tuesday afternoon.
There were 185 passengers on board.
Officials say the flight was about 30 minutes from Miami when it hit the rough air.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews were waiting at Miami International Airport when the plane landed.
The passengers were treated at the gate and the flight attendants were taken to a hospital.
air travel, florida, american airlines, national/world
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 27 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 52 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 41 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
52 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos