Ohio woman turns 90, celebrates on roller coaster
MASON, Ohio (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Ohio woman has spent her 90th birthday doing one of her favorite things: whizzing around the tracks of a roller coaster at 80 mph.
The Kings Island amusement park says Thelma Gratsch took a ride on the Diamondback coaster to celebrate her milestone birthday on Friday. The 230-foot-high steel ride is the tallest and fastest coaster at the park near Cincinnati.
The Mount Lookout woman guesses she's ridden the Diamondback more than 100 times since it debuted in 2009.
Park officials believe she's the oldest guest to have taken a spin on the ride. Gratsch has had a Kings Island season pass every year since they were introduced in 1979.
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 41 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more