Search resumes for missing Iowa cousins, 8 and 10
EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they've uncovered no significant evidence in the search for two missing girls, three days after their bicycles and a purse were found near a lake in northeast Iowa.
Black Hawk County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Abben says local, state and federal authorities have been "grasping for straws" in the frantic search for 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook-Morrissey.
Abben says no eyewitnesses have reported seeing the girls. They've been missing since leaving their grandmother's house Friday afternoon in Evansdale.
Several hundred volunteers helped search the area Saturday and Sunday around Meyers Lake in Evansdale.
Abben says authorities have been doing house-to-house searches around the clock. He says it's still considered a missing persons case.
missing children, children, iowa, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 24 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 37 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
24 min ago