Search resumes for missing Iowa cousins, 8 and 10
EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they've uncovered no significant evidence in the search for two missing girls, three days after their bicycles and a purse were found near a lake in northeast Iowa.
Black Hawk County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Abben says local, state and federal authorities have been "grasping for straws" in the frantic search for 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook-Morrissey.
Abben says no eyewitnesses have reported seeing the girls. They've been missing since leaving their grandmother's house Friday afternoon in Evansdale.
Several hundred volunteers helped search the area Saturday and Sunday around Meyers Lake in Evansdale.
Abben says authorities have been doing house-to-house searches around the clock. He says it's still considered a missing persons case.
missing children, children, iowa, national/world
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr