Search resumes for missing Iowa cousins, 8 and 10
EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they've uncovered no significant evidence in the search for two missing girls, three days after their bicycles and a purse were found near a lake in northeast Iowa.
Black Hawk County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Abben says local, state and federal authorities have been "grasping for straws" in the frantic search for 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook-Morrissey.
Abben says no eyewitnesses have reported seeing the girls. They've been missing since leaving their grandmother's house Friday afternoon in Evansdale.
Several hundred volunteers helped search the area Saturday and Sunday around Meyers Lake in Evansdale.
Abben says authorities have been doing house-to-house searches around the clock. He says it's still considered a missing persons case.
missing children, children, iowa, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 7 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 44 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 22 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 48 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 51 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 55 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 30 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 17 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 50 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
7 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
2 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
22 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
48 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos