NYC man catches girl from 3-story fall
NEW YORK - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York City bus driver is being hailed as a hero for saving a 7-year-old girl who fell three stories from a Brooklyn building.
Stephen St. Bernard says he was walking home from work when he observed a commotion outside the building on Monday. He says he saw the child standing on an air conditioning unit. It wasn't clear how she got there.
A video shows St. Bernard yelling up to the girl, telling her to go back inside. She suddenly falls and he catches her in his arms.
The girl was taken to a Coney Island hospital with minor injuries. St. Bernard suffered a torn tendon in his shoulder.
Neighbors say the girl is a special needs child.
Police say no charges were filed against the parents.
children, new york, national/world
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure 40 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 8 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos