NYC man catches girl from 3-story fall
NEW YORK - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York City bus driver is being hailed as a hero for saving a 7-year-old girl who fell three stories from a Brooklyn building.
Stephen St. Bernard says he was walking home from work when he observed a commotion outside the building on Monday. He says he saw the child standing on an air conditioning unit. It wasn't clear how she got there.
A video shows St. Bernard yelling up to the girl, telling her to go back inside. She suddenly falls and he catches her in his arms.
The girl was taken to a Coney Island hospital with minor injuries. St. Bernard suffered a torn tendon in his shoulder.
Neighbors say the girl is a special needs child.
Police say no charges were filed against the parents.
children, new york, national/world
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 2 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos