Trucker in Kerry Kennedy's NY auto crash charged
NORTH CASTLE, N.Y. (AP) - July 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The driver of the truck struck by the ex-wife of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident without reporting it.
The driver of the truck struck by the ex-wife of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been issued a summons for leaving the scene of an accident.
Rocco Scuiletti, of Poughkeepsie, was sideswiped Friday by Kerry Kennedy's Lexus on Interstate 684 north of New York City.
She's pleaded not guilty to a driving while drug-impaired charge. Kennedy says doctors believe the accident was caused by a seizure stemming from an old brain injury.
State police told Newsday Westchester that Scuiletti knew he was involved in an accident and failed to report it. He faces up to a $250 fine or 15 days in jail. He couldn't be reached for comment.
Kennedy continued driving after the accident until her car became disabled.
She's the daughter of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.
accident, new york, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 10 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
15 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
10 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
24 min ago