NASA launches rocket from Virginia facility
ATLANTIC, Va. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- NASA has launched a rocket carrying an inflatable heat-shield technology demonstration flight from its Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.
The agency says a Black Brant XI sounding rocket carrying the Inflatable Reentry Vehicle Experiment was launched Monday morning. It's projected to splash down about 100 miles east of Cape Hatteras, NC.
nasa, virginia, national/world
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 42 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 24 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
37 min ago