Baby of man wounded in Colo. shooting is born
DENVER (AP) - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman whose husband was critically wounded in the Colorado movie theater shooting has given birth to the couple's first child.
Hugo Jackson Medley was born at 7:11 a.m. MT Tuesday at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora. That's the same hospital where his father, 23-year-old Caleb Medley, lies in critical condition.
The hospital says both the mother, 21-year-old Katie Medley, and baby are doing great.
Katie Medley went into labor Monday, the date that had been scheduled for the delivery before the shooting. However, she moved the delivery so she could be close to her husband. The couple went to the midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora as a last date before officially becoming parents.
colorado, shooting, national/world
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash