Idaho woman's wedding ring found 4 years later
RIGBY, Idaho (AP) - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Idaho woman nearly fell over from joy when she was reunited with the diamond wedding ring she lost four years ago.
The Rexburg Standard Journal reports Necia Rasmussen claimed the ring Tuesday after it was found by kayaker on the shores of Rigby Lake.
Rasmussen was at the lake four years ago when she took the ring off before rubbing sunscreen on her children. The family says the loss was particularly upsetting because Rasmussen's husband was about to be deployed to Iraq.
The ring remained missing until Monday, when it was spotted by kayaker Emily Geisler.
Geisler announced her finding Tuesday at a Rotary Club meeting, where she caught the attention of Rasmussen's brother-in-law. He told Rasmussen, who described the ring in detail and provided a photograph before claiming it.
Information from: Standard Journal, http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.com
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 45 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 2 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
45 min ago