Police: Woman tried to break into Ohio jail
HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman in southwest Ohio has been arrested for trying to sneak into a county jail and telling authorities to arrest her.
Deputies with the Butler County Sheriff's Office arrested 36-year-old Tiffany R. Hurd when she was caught trying to climb over a barbed-wire fence at the rear of the Butler County Jail in Hamilton, near Cincinnati.
WEWS-TV reports the Sunday morning arrest came after jail staff told Hurd to leave the property, but she told them to arrest her.
Deputies then repeatedly asked Hurd to leave, but she refused and attempted to climb the fence again. Deputies say she was intoxicated.
Hurd was arrested on misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct. She is now at the county jail and is scheduled to be arraigned Monday.
Information from: WEWS-TV, http://www.newsnet5.com
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 37 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 27 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
27 min ago