Police: Woman tried to break into Ohio jail
HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman in southwest Ohio has been arrested for trying to sneak into a county jail and telling authorities to arrest her.
Deputies with the Butler County Sheriff's Office arrested 36-year-old Tiffany R. Hurd when she was caught trying to climb over a barbed-wire fence at the rear of the Butler County Jail in Hamilton, near Cincinnati.
WEWS-TV reports the Sunday morning arrest came after jail staff told Hurd to leave the property, but she told them to arrest her.
Deputies then repeatedly asked Hurd to leave, but she refused and attempted to climb the fence again. Deputies say she was intoxicated.
Hurd was arrested on misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct. She is now at the county jail and is scheduled to be arraigned Monday.
Information from: WEWS-TV, http://www.newsnet5.com
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1