George Zimmerman's wife pleads not guilty to perjury
ORLANDO, Fl. - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of Trayvon Martin's shooter has entered a plea of not guilty on a perjury charge.
Shellie Zimmerman will be arraigned Tuesday in central Florida after a judge said she lied about her and husband George Zimmerman's finances during a bond hearing.
Shellie Zimmerman was arrested June 12 and released on bond the same day.
Her attorney Kelly Sims entered the written plea Friday and also waived Zimmerman's right to appear in court.
George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in Martin's shooting. He was initially granted $150,000 bond and released. But a judge revoked that bond last month after state attorneys argued that Zimmerman and his wife lied about money raised from a website.
He has since been freed on a new $1 million bond.
florida, trayvon martin, national/world
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station