6 dead in head-on collision on I-10 near Phoenix
PHOENIX (AP) - July 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Arizona officials say six people died in a crash on Interstate 10 near Phoenix after a semitrailer truck crossed the median and struck a van carrying at least seven people.
Department of Public Safety spokesman Carrick Cook says the driver of the semitrailer truck and five people in the van died in Sunday's crash about 60 miles west of Phoenix.
Two other people who were in the van were taken to a hospital in Phoenix. Their condition is unknown.
Cook says the vehicles caught fire after the force of the crash pushed them into a culvert.
The identities and hometowns of those who died in the crash weren't immediately released.
Cook says the van was registered to a person from western Arizona.
arizona, accident, national/world
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 27 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 56 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad