6 dead in head-on collision on I-10 near Phoenix
PHOENIX (AP) - July 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Arizona officials say six people died in a crash on Interstate 10 near Phoenix after a semitrailer truck crossed the median and struck a van carrying at least seven people.
Department of Public Safety spokesman Carrick Cook says the driver of the semitrailer truck and five people in the van died in Sunday's crash about 60 miles west of Phoenix.
Two other people who were in the van were taken to a hospital in Phoenix. Their condition is unknown.
Cook says the vehicles caught fire after the force of the crash pushed them into a culvert.
The identities and hometowns of those who died in the crash weren't immediately released.
Cook says the van was registered to a person from western Arizona.
arizona, accident, national/world
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 44 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 5 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 10 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
5 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos