Mother, 2 children dead; murder-suicide suspected
GLENDALE, Mo. (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suburban St. Louis mother and her two children are dead in what officials suspect was a murder-suicide.
Police were called Monday to a home in Glendale after a man found the bodies of his wife, 11-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter. The man told police he was reading at the home when he heard a shot.
Glendale Police Sgt. Bob Catlett says investigators believe the woman killed the children before turning the gun on herself.
The husband and father is being questioned but is not being called a suspect.
None of the victims' names has been released, and police aren't saying whether they know of a possible motive.
The St. Louis Area Major Case Squad is investigating.
missouri, child death, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 35 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 17 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball