Mother, 2 children dead; murder-suicide suspected
GLENDALE, Mo. (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suburban St. Louis mother and her two children are dead in what officials suspect was a murder-suicide.
Police were called Monday to a home in Glendale after a man found the bodies of his wife, 11-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter. The man told police he was reading at the home when he heard a shot.
Glendale Police Sgt. Bob Catlett says investigators believe the woman killed the children before turning the gun on herself.
The husband and father is being questioned but is not being called a suspect.
None of the victims' names has been released, and police aren't saying whether they know of a possible motive.
The St. Louis Area Major Case Squad is investigating.
missouri, child death, national/world
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies