Mother, 2 children dead; murder-suicide suspected
GLENDALE, Mo. (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suburban St. Louis mother and her two children are dead in what officials suspect was a murder-suicide.
Police were called Monday to a home in Glendale after a man found the bodies of his wife, 11-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter. The man told police he was reading at the home when he heard a shot.
Glendale Police Sgt. Bob Catlett says investigators believe the woman killed the children before turning the gun on herself.
The husband and father is being questioned but is not being called a suspect.
None of the victims' names has been released, and police aren't saying whether they know of a possible motive.
The St. Louis Area Major Case Squad is investigating.
missouri, child death, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police