Child's artistic expression in Va. gets mom arrested
A mother is arrested after her child uses sidewalk chalk in a Virginia park.
A judge ordered Susan Mortensen to complete 50 hours of community service because police say her daughter used sidewalk chalk to draw on public property.
Mortenson argued with police that the chalk was biodegradable and she did not think her daughter was doing anything wrong.
Mortenson was charged with damaging public property.
children, virginia, national/world
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore