Explosion at Colo. middle school causes injuries
ERIE, Colo. (AP) - August 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Colorado are responding to an explosion at a middle school east of Boulder that reportedly injured some contract workers. School is still on summer break.
Mountain View fire spokeswoman Laura McConnell says multiple injuries have been reported at Erie Middle School, but there are no details on the extent.
The Daily Camera reports that three contractors were injured in the explosion. A school district spokesman told the newspaper the explosion may have been caused by a hot water heater.
Students aren't set to return to class until Aug. 16.
Erie is about 14 miles northeast of Boulder.
explosion, school, colorado, national/world
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed