Explosion at Colo. middle school causes injuries
ERIE, Colo. (AP) - August 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Colorado are responding to an explosion at a middle school east of Boulder that reportedly injured some contract workers. School is still on summer break.
Mountain View fire spokeswoman Laura McConnell says multiple injuries have been reported at Erie Middle School, but there are no details on the extent.
The Daily Camera reports that three contractors were injured in the explosion. A school district spokesman told the newspaper the explosion may have been caused by a hot water heater.
Students aren't set to return to class until Aug. 16.
Erie is about 14 miles northeast of Boulder.
explosion, school, colorado, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 51 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
51 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos