NYC woman wins $85M Mega Millions jackpot
NEW YORK (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York City woman shopping for a bottle of Korean rice wine took home a little something extra - an $85 million Mega Millions jackpot.
Jin Ok Choi bought the wine and the lucky quick-pick ticket on July 1 at a Staten Island liquor store.
She said she "was just shocked" as she picked up her check on Wednesday.
She opted to taken a lump sum payout, giving her $40.4 million after taxes.
The Daily News reports that the 54-year-old Choi wouldn't divulge any personal details. But says she wants to "upgrade" her life and buy a condo that is a "little bigger."
lottery, new york, new york city, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 33 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 28 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 24 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school