Cal Ripken Jr.: Mom's kidnapping 'bizarre'
BALTIMORE (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cal Ripken Jr. says his family and the police are still searching for answers about the kidnapping of his mother last week, a crime he called "bizarre" and unsettling.
At a news conference Friday in Baltimore, Ripken appealed for the public's help in locating the man responsible for kidnapping his 74-year-old mother, Vi, at gunpoint. Vi Ripken was found unharmed in her car, but Ripken says she remains shaken up and is too traumatized to return home.
The Hall of Fame infielder appeared to choke up as he described a phone call from his sister last week indicating that his mother might be missing. He said it was "a horrible night."
kidnapping, baltimore, maryland, national/world
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos