Woman who died in Megabus crash was India native
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 25-year-old passenger who died in the crash of a double-decker bus in Illinois was a native of India and a graduate student at the University of Missouri.
Aditi R. Avhad was headed to Columbia, Mo., Thursday when the bus slammed into a highway overpass support pillar near Litchfield, about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
The school said Friday that Avhad was a graduate student in health administration from Mumbai.
Illinois State Trooper Brad Lemarr says he doesn't know where Avhad was seated on the bus, which was traveling between Chicago and Kansas City.
Thirty-eight people were sent to hospitals with injuries. Officials say some patients were still hospitalized Friday but that no one had life-threatening injuries.
india, illinois, accident, national/world
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!