Woman who died in Megabus crash was India native
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 25-year-old passenger who died in the crash of a double-decker bus in Illinois was a native of India and a graduate student at the University of Missouri.
Aditi R. Avhad was headed to Columbia, Mo., Thursday when the bus slammed into a highway overpass support pillar near Litchfield, about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
The school said Friday that Avhad was a graduate student in health administration from Mumbai.
Illinois State Trooper Brad Lemarr says he doesn't know where Avhad was seated on the bus, which was traveling between Chicago and Kansas City.
Thirty-eight people were sent to hospitals with injuries. Officials say some patients were still hospitalized Friday but that no one had life-threatening injuries.
india, illinois, accident, national/world
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 18 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 3 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys 28 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 53 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
3 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
53 min ago