Woman who died in Megabus crash was India native
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 25-year-old passenger who died in the crash of a double-decker bus in Illinois was a native of India and a graduate student at the University of Missouri.
Aditi R. Avhad was headed to Columbia, Mo., Thursday when the bus slammed into a highway overpass support pillar near Litchfield, about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
The school said Friday that Avhad was a graduate student in health administration from Mumbai.
Illinois State Trooper Brad Lemarr says he doesn't know where Avhad was seated on the bus, which was traveling between Chicago and Kansas City.
Thirty-eight people were sent to hospitals with injuries. Officials say some patients were still hospitalized Friday but that no one had life-threatening injuries.
india, illinois, accident, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs