Wife: Emails show NY man plotted faking his death
CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of a New York man who was reported missing at a beach and then turned up hundreds of miles away says she found emails in which he discussed faking his own death.
Evana Roth said Friday that her husband, Raymond Roth, had sent her son Jonathan emails referring to a possible plot.
She provided copies at a news conference with her attorney. One instructs Jonathan to call his father Sunday in Florida to update him on developments in New York.
Jonathan Roth reported his father missing Saturday at Jones Beach. That set off an extensive search. On Thursday, Roth got a speeding ticket in South Carolina.
Police say Roth has said he plans to return to New York, but he hasn't surfaced. His son's whereabouts also are unknown.
new york, national/world
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 17 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra