Wife: Emails show NY man plotted faking his death
CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of a New York man who was reported missing at a beach and then turned up hundreds of miles away says she found emails in which he discussed faking his own death.
Evana Roth said Friday that her husband, Raymond Roth, had sent her son Jonathan emails referring to a possible plot.
She provided copies at a news conference with her attorney. One instructs Jonathan to call his father Sunday in Florida to update him on developments in New York.
Jonathan Roth reported his father missing Saturday at Jones Beach. That set off an extensive search. On Thursday, Roth got a speeding ticket in South Carolina.
Police say Roth has said he plans to return to New York, but he hasn't surfaced. His son's whereabouts also are unknown.
new york, national/world
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier