2 die, 15 hurt in Aurora apartment building fire
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - August 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were killed and 15 injured at an apartment building fire in the Denver suburb of Aurora that left many people to be rescued from the upper floors.
At least one person jumped to escape Monday night's blaze.
Injuries range from light to moderate.
Fire Capt. Allen Robnett said some people were hanging out windows when firefighters arrived and numerous people were rescued with ladders from the four-story building.
It's near the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus where some victims of last month's Aurora theater shooting were taken and where suspect James Holmes studied. It's also about a block away from Holmes' apartment.
Firefighters are investigating a witness report of someone with a gas can leaving the building but say there's nothing to indicate a connection with the shooting.
colorado, fire, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 57 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 38 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ