Ohio teen collapses after 4-day Xbox marathon
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A four-day Xbox gaming marathon apparently was too much for one 15-year-old Ohio boy.
WCMH-TV reports that the Columbus teen collapsed and was hospitalized Tuesday after becoming severely dehydrated. His mother says he emerged from his bedroom during the four days only to pick up snacks or take a quick shower.
The boy was so engrossed in playing Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox that he made himself sick.
He's expected to be OK - but his mom has taken away the Xbox.
Dr. Mike Patrick, an emergency physician at Nationwide Children's Hospital, recommended that gamers use some common sense: Get plenty of food and fluids, take breaks for physical activity and get some sleep.
Information from: WCMH-TV, http://www.nbc4i.com
ohio, video games, national/world
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall