First lady visits Aurora, Colo., shooting victims
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- First lady Michelle Obama has met with some of the victims wounded during last months' massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater and the medical staff that treated them.
Obama arrived at the Medical Center of Aurora at about 3:30 pm Saturday. She thanked doctors, nurses and staff who attended some of the 58 people wounded in last month's attack during a showing of the latest Batman movie. She also met with some of the shooting victims and their families, including one patient who remains in the hospital's intensive care unit. Twelve people died in the attack.
Obama spent more than an hour at the hospital before leaving for Denver, where she is to appear at a fundraiser for her husband's re-election campaign.
James Holmes is accused in the shootings.
michelle obama, colorado, shooting, national/world
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 46 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 36 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 21 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 51 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
46 min ago