First lady visits Aurora, Colo., shooting victims
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- First lady Michelle Obama has met with some of the victims wounded during last months' massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater and the medical staff that treated them.
Obama arrived at the Medical Center of Aurora at about 3:30 pm Saturday. She thanked doctors, nurses and staff who attended some of the 58 people wounded in last month's attack during a showing of the latest Batman movie. She also met with some of the shooting victims and their families, including one patient who remains in the hospital's intensive care unit. Twelve people died in the attack.
Obama spent more than an hour at the hospital before leaving for Denver, where she is to appear at a fundraiser for her husband's re-election campaign.
James Holmes is accused in the shootings.
michelle obama, colorado, shooting, national/world
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom 13 min ago
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 5 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 45 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 22 min ago
- Camera captures man stealing tractor 22 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to small fire 3 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Center City high rise evacuated due to...
3 min ago