First lady visits Aurora, Colo., shooting victims
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- First lady Michelle Obama has met with some of the victims wounded during last months' massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater and the medical staff that treated them.
Obama arrived at the Medical Center of Aurora at about 3:30 pm Saturday. She thanked doctors, nurses and staff who attended some of the 58 people wounded in last month's attack during a showing of the latest Batman movie. She also met with some of the shooting victims and their families, including one patient who remains in the hospital's intensive care unit. Twelve people died in the attack.
Obama spent more than an hour at the hospital before leaving for Denver, where she is to appear at a fundraiser for her husband's re-election campaign.
James Holmes is accused in the shootings.
michelle obama, colorado, shooting, national/world
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 1 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 7 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 9 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 50 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?