Arizona siblings share same wedding day
MESA, Ariz. (AP) - August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a mega wedding day for a Mesa, Ariz., family with five siblings walking down the aisle on the same day.
The East Valley Tribune reports the five Waldie children all got engaged within a few months of each other.
While trying to plan wedding dates with out-of-state family and guests, dad Doug Waldie suggested they all marry on the same day.
So five of the eight Waldie children got married Friday at a Mormon church in Mesa: 28-year-old Emily, 26-year-old Bradford, 25-year-old Sydney, 24-year-old Walker and 20-year-old Brooke.
Each ceremony was separate, but the reception was scheduled for all five couples Friday night at the Falcon Field Air Force Museum.
Eighteen-year-old Andee Waldie, one of two unmarried sisters, was a bridesmaid for four of the couples.
Information from: East Valley Tribune
arizona, weddings, national/world
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 16 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 33 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 29 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 17 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought