Arizona siblings share same wedding day
MESA, Ariz. (AP) - August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a mega wedding day for a Mesa, Ariz., family with five siblings walking down the aisle on the same day.
The East Valley Tribune reports the five Waldie children all got engaged within a few months of each other.
While trying to plan wedding dates with out-of-state family and guests, dad Doug Waldie suggested they all marry on the same day.
So five of the eight Waldie children got married Friday at a Mormon church in Mesa: 28-year-old Emily, 26-year-old Bradford, 25-year-old Sydney, 24-year-old Walker and 20-year-old Brooke.
Each ceremony was separate, but the reception was scheduled for all five couples Friday night at the Falcon Field Air Force Museum.
Eighteen-year-old Andee Waldie, one of two unmarried sisters, was a bridesmaid for four of the couples.
Information from: East Valley Tribune
arizona, weddings, national/world
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 3 min ago
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 25 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 59 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
3 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
41 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
37 min ago