Evangelist Billy Graham improving at NC hospital
ASHEVILLE, N.C. - August 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Evangelist Billy Graham remains in stable condition after a restful night at the North Carolina hospital where he's being treated for bronchitis.
Nurses said Graham had breakfast Monday morning at Mission Hospital in Asheville and was doing well. Pulmonologist David Pucci said Graham's infection was responding well to treatment.
The 93-year-old Graham was admitted to Mission Hospital overnight Saturday for treatment of the lung infection. Graham spokesman A. Larry Ross said Graham watched the closing ceremony of the London Olympics from his hospital bed Sunday evening.
Earlier Sunday, he had watched grandson Will Graham on television as he preached at First Baptist Church of Spartanburg, S.C. His daughter, Gigi, and another grandchild ate lunch with him that afternoon.
No date has been set for his discharge, but physicians hope Graham's rapid recovery will continue and he'll be able to return home soon.
Graham was hospitalized for pneumonia last November. His staff says the evangelist's health has been good since his release, though he had remained at his home in Montreat.
He's working on an upcoming book.
billy graham, north carolina, national/world
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 44 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 30 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 20 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 5 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 35 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
30 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
44 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos