Judge sentences Ala. man to 624 years in prison
DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southeast Alabama judge has sentenced a man to a 624-year prison term in a rape and kidnapping case.
The Dothan Eagle reports that Houston County Circuit Court Judge Kevin Moulton sentenced 25-year-old Mark Anthony Beecham to the prison term Tuesday.
Beecham received 99-year prison sentences for six felony convictions: first-degree kidnapping, two counts of first-degree rape and three counts of first-degree sodomy. He also received a 20-year sentence for a felony first-degree theft of property offense and a 10-year sentence for a felony first-degree bail jumping conviction.
A Houston County jury found Beecham guilty of all eight felony charges earlier this month.
The charges stemmed from offenses involving a woman that happened in December 2006.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com
alabama, rape, kidnapping, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 51 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 11 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 53 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 17 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 36 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 39 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
17 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
28 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year';...
36 min ago