Judge sentences Ala. man to 624 years in prison
DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southeast Alabama judge has sentenced a man to a 624-year prison term in a rape and kidnapping case.
The Dothan Eagle reports that Houston County Circuit Court Judge Kevin Moulton sentenced 25-year-old Mark Anthony Beecham to the prison term Tuesday.
Beecham received 99-year prison sentences for six felony convictions: first-degree kidnapping, two counts of first-degree rape and three counts of first-degree sodomy. He also received a 20-year sentence for a felony first-degree theft of property offense and a 10-year sentence for a felony first-degree bail jumping conviction.
A Houston County jury found Beecham guilty of all eight felony charges earlier this month.
The charges stemmed from offenses involving a woman that happened in December 2006.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com
alabama, rape, kidnapping, national/world
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 49 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos