Ohioan wanted in NC murder arrested after manhunt
ASHLAND, Ohio (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ohio say a man suspected of killing his on-and-off girlfriend during a vacation to North Carolina's Outer Banks is in custody after a monthlong nationwide manhunt.
The U.S. Marshals Service said Wednesday that Nathan Summerfield was under arrest. They didn't immediately say where Summerfield was apprehended.
Summerfield was wanted on a murder charge in the death of 33-year-old Lynn Jackenheimer of Ashland, Ohio. She disappeared in July while vacationing with Summerfield and her children. Her body was found in a vacant lot in Frisco, N.C., about 20 to 30 miles from where she'd been vacationing.
Police say Summerfield returned the woman's children to Ashland and drove away.
The suspect's brother has told authorities that Summerfield said he strangled Jackenheimer.
Investigators say she died from strangulation and stab wounds.
north carolina, ohio, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 23 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 50 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 44 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 42 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
44 min ago