3 dogs tied to Ohio railroad tracks; train kills 2
CLEVELAND (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cleveland authorities say three dogs have been tied to railroad tracks, and two of them have died after they were hit by a train.
The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reports that it happened last week in the city's Tremont neighborhood. A third small dog that hunched down when the train came managed to survive.
A bridge monitor found the little dog Friday night and called police. The worker says he witnessed from a distance the dog being tied to the tracks and someone appearing to take photographs or video of it.
By the time the railroad worker got to the dog, the train had passed and the man was gone. The bodies of the other dogs were found in the same secluded stretch of tracks.
Information from: The Plain Dealer, http://www.cleveland.com
ohio, animal abuse, animals, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 42 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 6 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
6 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
5 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos