Obama dishes on friendship with George Clooney
WASHINGTON (AP) - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama says actor George Clooney is a good friend and a good person who is sensitive about protecting that friendship.
Obama says Clooney is low-maintenance and doesn't take advantage of their friendship. He says Clooney keeps his distance so that Obama won't be criticized for hanging out with Hollywood celebrities.
First lady Michelle Obama said of Clooney: "He's cute, too."
In May, Clooney held a fundraiser for Obama at his Los Angeles home that raised nearly $15 million. Clooney is scheduled to hold another fundraiser for Obama later this month in Geneva.
Obama tells Entertainment Tonight in an interview airing Monday that he got to know Clooney through his work on Sudan when Obama was in the U.S. Senate.
george clooney, president barack obama, washington, d.c., national/world
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla. tornado 34 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Edgemoor dumpster explosion leaves 1 critical 18 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished 42 min ago
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel 52 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute 40 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla....
34 min ago