Obama dishes on friendship with George Clooney
WASHINGTON (AP) - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama says actor George Clooney is a good friend and a good person who is sensitive about protecting that friendship.
Obama says Clooney is low-maintenance and doesn't take advantage of their friendship. He says Clooney keeps his distance so that Obama won't be criticized for hanging out with Hollywood celebrities.
First lady Michelle Obama said of Clooney: "He's cute, too."
In May, Clooney held a fundraiser for Obama at his Los Angeles home that raised nearly $15 million. Clooney is scheduled to hold another fundraiser for Obama later this month in Geneva.
Obama tells Entertainment Tonight in an interview airing Monday that he got to know Clooney through his work on Sudan when Obama was in the U.S. Senate.
george clooney, president barack obama, washington, d.c., national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ