Obama dishes on friendship with George Clooney
WASHINGTON (AP) - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama says actor George Clooney is a good friend and a good person who is sensitive about protecting that friendship.
Obama says Clooney is low-maintenance and doesn't take advantage of their friendship. He says Clooney keeps his distance so that Obama won't be criticized for hanging out with Hollywood celebrities.
First lady Michelle Obama said of Clooney: "He's cute, too."
In May, Clooney held a fundraiser for Obama at his Los Angeles home that raised nearly $15 million. Clooney is scheduled to hold another fundraiser for Obama later this month in Geneva.
Obama tells Entertainment Tonight in an interview airing Monday that he got to know Clooney through his work on Sudan when Obama was in the U.S. Senate.
george clooney, president barack obama, washington, d.c., national/world
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 38 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 27 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 40 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 32 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
40 min ago