Obama dishes on friendship with George Clooney
WASHINGTON (AP) - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama says actor George Clooney is a good friend and a good person who is sensitive about protecting that friendship.
Obama says Clooney is low-maintenance and doesn't take advantage of their friendship. He says Clooney keeps his distance so that Obama won't be criticized for hanging out with Hollywood celebrities.
First lady Michelle Obama said of Clooney: "He's cute, too."
In May, Clooney held a fundraiser for Obama at his Los Angeles home that raised nearly $15 million. Clooney is scheduled to hold another fundraiser for Obama later this month in Geneva.
Obama tells Entertainment Tonight in an interview airing Monday that he got to know Clooney through his work on Sudan when Obama was in the U.S. Senate.
george clooney, president barack obama, washington, d.c., national/world
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 48 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 6 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
6 min ago