Nurse who treated shooting victims drowns in Iowa
DENVER (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A nurse who treated victims of the Aurora theater shooting in Colorado has drowned while on a family vacation in Iowa.
Forty-six-year-old Jennifer Gallagher, of Denver, died earlier this month. She went swimming in West Lake Okoboji the night of Aug. 6 and her body was found the next day.
The Denver Post reports that Gallagher helped care for victims taken to University of Colorado Hospital and was among the staffers who met with President Barack Obama during his visit.
Twelve people were killed and 58 were wounded or injured in the July 20 shooting rampage at a midnight movie showing of the latest Batman movie.
colorado, iowa, drowning, national/world
- American U: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 8 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 34 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 41 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 43 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
43 min ago