Blasting at NYC subway site breaks windows
NEW YORK (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Blasting at the construction site for a New York City subway line has shattered windows and sent smoke billowing up to the street.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority spokeswoman Marjorie Anders says something went wrong Tuesday as contractors were blasting a tunnel for the Second Avenue subway. She says no one was injured.
Anders says the blast happened at about 1 p.m. Tuesday at East 72nd Street and Second Avenue. Fire trucks are at the scene. She says the cause is under investigation.
new york city, new york, explosion, national/world
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 14 min ago
- Damp and cooler.
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized