Blasting at NYC subway site breaks windows
NEW YORK (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Blasting at the construction site for a New York City subway line has shattered windows and sent smoke billowing up to the street.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority spokeswoman Marjorie Anders says something went wrong Tuesday as contractors were blasting a tunnel for the Second Avenue subway. She says no one was injured.
Anders says the blast happened at about 1 p.m. Tuesday at East 72nd Street and Second Avenue. Fire trucks are at the scene. She says the cause is under investigation.
new york city, new york, explosion, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ