Hood says 2 Miss. stations overcharged for gas
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - August 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood says two gas station owners were arrested Wednesday and charged with price gouging during a state of emergency that's in place because of Tropical Storm Isaac.
Hood says 50-year-old Rajinder Singh of Madison was arrested Wednesday at his Fuel Time gas station in Jackson.
He also says 51-year-old Kuldip Singh of Natchez was arrested at his business, Roxie Truck Stop in Franklin County.
It was not clear whether the men are related or whether they have attorneys.
Mississippi's price gouging law prevents a merchant from increasing the average profit margin on products until a state of emergency executive order is lifted.
Hood accuses Rajinder Singh of charging 17 cents over his usual profit margin at the station.
gas prices, mississippi, national/world
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 33 min ago
- One Fine Friday 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield 34 min ago
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive 42 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 hospitalized 27 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos 30 min ago
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
34 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
33 min ago
- One Fine Friday
10 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos