2 charged in death of NY girl, 5, appear in court
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two teenagers charged in connection with the death of a 5-year-old upstate New York girl have been arraigned.
Sixteen-year-old John Freeman and 18-year-old Tyler Best appeared in Niagara Falls City Court on Tuesday, about 24 hours after Isabella Tennant's body was found dumped in a trash can.
Freeman is charged with second-degree murder. Police say Best led them to the body. He has been charged with evidence tampering.
A judge entered not-guilty pleas on behalf of both teens. A court clerk says they were sent to jail and ordered back in court Sept. 7.
Police haven't said how Isabella was killed. An autopsy was being done Tuesday.
Isabella had been spending the night at her great-grandmother's Niagara Falls home.
Messages left with Niagara County Attorney Michael Violante weren't returned.
child death, new york, national/world
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos