2 charged in death of NY girl, 5, appear in court
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two teenagers charged in connection with the death of a 5-year-old upstate New York girl have been arraigned.
Sixteen-year-old John Freeman and 18-year-old Tyler Best appeared in Niagara Falls City Court on Tuesday, about 24 hours after Isabella Tennant's body was found dumped in a trash can.
Freeman is charged with second-degree murder. Police say Best led them to the body. He has been charged with evidence tampering.
A judge entered not-guilty pleas on behalf of both teens. A court clerk says they were sent to jail and ordered back in court Sept. 7.
Police haven't said how Isabella was killed. An autopsy was being done Tuesday.
Isabella had been spending the night at her great-grandmother's Niagara Falls home.
Messages left with Niagara County Attorney Michael Violante weren't returned.
child death, new york, national/world
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr