Man kicked by cop in video charged with stalking
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man whose apparently violent arrest by a Minnesota police officer was caught on video has been charged with stalking and making terroristic threats.
Thirty-year-old Eric Hightower was charged Thursday in St. Paul. The complaint says Hightower threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend and had assaulted her before.
The jail would not accept a message for Hightower. The complaint says he admitted calling the woman and threatening that she'd get her "head blown off," but that he only meant to scare her.
Hightower was arrested Tuesday. During the arrest, Officer Jesse Zilge sprayed Hightower with a chemical and kicked him. The arrest was videoed by a citizen and posted on YouTube.
The department has launched an internal investigation and Zilge has been placed on leave.
police, stalking, minnesota, national/world
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 46 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 33 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 35 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 22 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 37 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
48 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
33 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
46 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos