Man kicked by cop in video charged with stalking
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man whose apparently violent arrest by a Minnesota police officer was caught on video has been charged with stalking and making terroristic threats.
Thirty-year-old Eric Hightower was charged Thursday in St. Paul. The complaint says Hightower threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend and had assaulted her before.
The jail would not accept a message for Hightower. The complaint says he admitted calling the woman and threatening that she'd get her "head blown off," but that he only meant to scare her.
Hightower was arrested Tuesday. During the arrest, Officer Jesse Zilge sprayed Hightower with a chemical and kicked him. The arrest was videoed by a citizen and posted on YouTube.
The department has launched an internal investigation and Zilge has been placed on leave.
police, stalking, minnesota, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing 33 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts 41 min ago
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still...
33 min ago