2 Wash. state teenage boys die after hiking fall
SEATTLE (AP) - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The King County Sheriff's office in Seattle says two teenage boys died after falling during a hike outside of North Bend.
A sheriff's spokeswoman says four teenage boys were hiking Sunday near Otter Falls when two of the teens climbed a rock near the falls, then fell and were seriously injured.
One of the other boys ran for help and came upon two hikers who went to the site of the accident. The boy continued running down the trail - a total of five miles - until he found a Forest Service employee who called 911.
By the time rescue teams reached the boys, though, they had died.
The teenagers killed were 16 and 18 years old and were from Federal Way.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 8 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 51 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 21 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
8 min ago