Amusement park riders spend hours at 300 feet
BUENA PARK, Calif. (AP) - September 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Windseeker attraction at Southern California's Knott's Berry Farm broke down and left 20 riders who expected a three-minute thrill dangling 300 feet over the amusement park for nearly four hours.
Knott's spokeswoman Jennifer Blazey told several media outlets the ride, which lifts fun-seekers high over the park with their legs dangling and spins them in a circle, malfunctioned at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
TV news helicopters showed all the riders being lowered to the ground and helped off shortly before 8 p.m., long after the park had closed and dark had fallen.
There were no injuries and no indication anyone was in danger.
Riders sat calmly as they waited in the air, some casually swinging their legs.
The ride also left people stuck in the air on Sept. 7.
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
4 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos