Chrysler factory employee kills co-worker, self
DETROIT (AP) - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a Chrysler employee fatally stabbed a co-worker at a Detroit factory before killing himself at a city park.
Detroit police Sgt. Alan Quinn says the male victim was stabbed about 8 a.m. Thursday. Quinn says the suspect fled the factory and was found at the Belle Isle park, where he committed suicide.
The suspect also worked at the factory.
The Jefferson North plant employs just more than 3,000 workers on two shifts. The 3-million-square-foot plant makes the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango full-size SUVs.
Chrysler spokeswoman Jodi Tinson says no other employees were injured. Workers on the first shift were sent home.
chrysler, homicide, suicide, national/world
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 53 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 6 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
54 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
6 min ago