Chrysler factory employee kills co-worker, self
DETROIT (AP) - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a Chrysler employee fatally stabbed a co-worker at a Detroit factory before killing himself at a city park.
Detroit police Sgt. Alan Quinn says the male victim was stabbed about 8 a.m. Thursday. Quinn says the suspect fled the factory and was found at the Belle Isle park, where he committed suicide.
The suspect also worked at the factory.
The Jefferson North plant employs just more than 3,000 workers on two shifts. The 3-million-square-foot plant makes the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango full-size SUVs.
Chrysler spokeswoman Jodi Tinson says no other employees were injured. Workers on the first shift were sent home.
chrysler, homicide, suicide, national/world
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 40 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 57 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 11 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 41 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought