NASA to launch 2 sounding rockets from Va.
WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. (AP) -September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two suborbital sounding rockets are scheduled to be launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia's Eastern Shore on Friday and Saturday.
NASA plans to launch a Terrier-Improved Malemut carrying four university experiments Friday morning. If the launch is delayed, Sunday and Monday are backup launch days. The launch may be visible to observers in the Wallops area.
The first flight of a Talos-Terrier-Oriole rocket is scheduled Saturday morning. The rocket is being developed to support high altitude space science research. Sunday is the backup launch day. The launch may be visible to observers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, the three lower counties on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and southern Delaware.
Both rockets will be launched between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.
nasa, virginia, national/world
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 12 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 14 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 6 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 53 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
14 min ago