NASA to launch 2 sounding rockets from Va.
WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. (AP) -September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two suborbital sounding rockets are scheduled to be launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia's Eastern Shore on Friday and Saturday.
NASA plans to launch a Terrier-Improved Malemut carrying four university experiments Friday morning. If the launch is delayed, Sunday and Monday are backup launch days. The launch may be visible to observers in the Wallops area.
The first flight of a Talos-Terrier-Oriole rocket is scheduled Saturday morning. The rocket is being developed to support high altitude space science research. Sunday is the backup launch day. The launch may be visible to observers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, the three lower counties on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and southern Delaware.
Both rockets will be launched between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.
nasa, virginia, national/world
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
24 min ago