NASA to launch 2 sounding rockets from Va.
WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. (AP) -September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two suborbital sounding rockets are scheduled to be launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia's Eastern Shore on Friday and Saturday.
NASA plans to launch a Terrier-Improved Malemut carrying four university experiments Friday morning. If the launch is delayed, Sunday and Monday are backup launch days. The launch may be visible to observers in the Wallops area.
The first flight of a Talos-Terrier-Oriole rocket is scheduled Saturday morning. The rocket is being developed to support high altitude space science research. Sunday is the backup launch day. The launch may be visible to observers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, the three lower counties on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and southern Delaware.
Both rockets will be launched between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.
nasa, virginia, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 29 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 26 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 24 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 46 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos