NASA to launch 2 sounding rockets from Va.
WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. (AP) -September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two suborbital sounding rockets are scheduled to be launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia's Eastern Shore on Friday and Saturday.
NASA plans to launch a Terrier-Improved Malemut carrying four university experiments Friday morning. If the launch is delayed, Sunday and Monday are backup launch days. The launch may be visible to observers in the Wallops area.
The first flight of a Talos-Terrier-Oriole rocket is scheduled Saturday morning. The rocket is being developed to support high altitude space science research. Sunday is the backup launch day. The launch may be visible to observers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, the three lower counties on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and southern Delaware.
Both rockets will be launched between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.
nasa, virginia, national/world
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 56 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 40 min ago